Pages

Tuesday, July 14

Tuna Tuesday

There are two types of people in the world.  Those who like tuna and those who hate it.  If you are tuna lover, read below.  ;)


When summer rolls around, I always look for easy, no-mess dinners & lunches.  My chunky tuna salad fits the bill.  It's what the Carters are having for dinner tonight!


Chunky Tuna Salad
(makes 4 sandwiches/wraps)

12oz can of tuna, drained well
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2-3 heaping spoonfuls sweet relish (I use low-sugar)
Miracle Whip (or real Mayo)
1 T sugar or 2 packets sweetener 
salt/pepper


Directions: Drain tuna & add in all ingredients.  I hard boil two eggs, but only add in one egg yolk.  Sometimes it dries out the tuna salad if I add in both, but feel free!  I'm not a huge Mayo fan, but it is a must in this recipe.  I don't measure it and just keep adding to get the consistency I like.  Feel free to add more/less salt & pepper and/or sweetener.  Toast bread for tuna sandwiches or use my favorite - lettuce wraps!  Serve with veggies, fruit or chips.  An easy dinner (and lunch the next day!) tonight!
*recipe can easily be doubled to serve more*  



1 comment:

  1. I read this even though I hate tuna :-). It does look pretty though. You always impress me with your recipes super mom and wife! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!