Monday Meals...Sweet Onion Salsa
Mexican food is like a love language for me. It's no surprise if we have Mexican 3-4 times a week. So enjoy my favorite homemade sweet onion salsa - perfect over eggs, chicken, in tacos, fajitas - or just with a spoon. :)
Sweet Onion Salsa
(adapted from Infarrantly Creative)
* 1 can diced tomatoes or 1.5 cups fresh
* HUGE handful of cilantro (I always end up adding more too!)
* 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
* 1 T apple cider vinegar
* 1 T honey or other sweetener of choice
* 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/4 heaping teaspoon cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 jalapeno slice - or more based on taste!
* Measure all ingredients EXCEPT for tomatoes directly in blender. Blend until chopped. Next, add tomatoes and pulse a few times. I like mine chunky, but blend to your liking. Add more salt, jalapeno, tomatoes, or sweetener to taste! Put in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Bets are it will be gone in 2 days flat. OLE!