Wednesday, February 19

Crazy Eight.


Devin & I celebrated our 8th anniversary last week...8 YEARS.  That's a lot of time to spend with someone, so good thing we kind of like each other.  Just kidding, love each other.  These past 8 years have been filled with way more ups than downs, lots of fun, and now it feels like we are playing house with a little baby down the hall.  And yes, I do the cooking & am here when Devin comes home.  But he doesn't have a brief case or yell "honey, I'm home!" & I haven't showered.  Ok, so it's nothing like the "house" I used to play.  In honor of our "anny" (the new matrimonial lingo I learned last week), here are 8 things you might not know about us.

* I can count on one hand how many times we have ordered a pizza since we have been married.  Now Mexican?  We had that 3 times last week.
* We invited 517 people to our wedding.
* He has always done all of the laundry & I have done all of the cooking.
* We have traveled A LOT since we have been married...a few faves: Hawaii, St. Thomas, Cabo San Lucas, NYC, Las Vegas & Park City.  Italy is on the dream list for our 10 year.  Ahhh....
* We both are terrible water drinkers.  As in we drink none.  I could get by on one cup of coffee a day & Devin guzzles diet mountain dew like nobody's business.
* We adopted a newborn in November, who is the pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to both of us.  You can read about it here, here & HERE.
* Devin falls asleep by 7:30 every night & I'm up past midnight. #oppositesattract
* We often make bets ranging from how much our baby will weigh at his next appointment to who will win the March Madness bracket challenge.  I usually lose.  Sometimes I also bribe him to put my laundry away for me after he folds it. #truelove

These 8 years have absolutely FLOWN by & I can't wait to see what is in store for the next 8+.  I see Disney trips, sippy cups & and minivans in the forecast.  Happy Anny, Devie!

What are some fun/unique things about your marriage?  Please share!  
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy 8 years! Wow, the time has really flown by, and look at you guys now!!! A baby, a dog, next comes the minivan!:-) So happy for you guys! You already know most of the unique things about our marriage: Matt is the cleaner/decorator of our home, I am the laundry girl, he stays up late, I go to bed early, I love to read, he doesn't, but despite all those differences we are perfect for each other! Love ya and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS