Wednesday, February 19
Devin & I celebrated our 8th anniversary last week...8 YEARS. That's a lot of time to spend with someone, so good thing we kind of like each other. Just kidding, love each other. These past 8 years have been filled with way more ups than downs, lots of fun, and now it feels like we are playing house with a little baby down the hall. And yes, I do the cooking & am here when Devin comes home. But he doesn't have a brief case or yell "honey, I'm home!" & I haven't showered. Ok, so it's nothing like the "house" I used to play. In honor of our "anny" (the new matrimonial lingo I learned last week), here are 8 things you might not know about us.
* I can count on one hand how many times we have ordered a pizza since we have been married. Now Mexican? We had that 3 times last week.
* We invited 517 people to our wedding.
* He has always done all of the laundry & I have done all of the cooking.
* We have traveled A LOT since we have been married...a few faves: Hawaii, St. Thomas, Cabo San Lucas, NYC, Las Vegas & Park City. Italy is on the dream list for our 10 year. Ahhh....
* We both are terrible water drinkers. As in we drink none. I could get by on one cup of coffee a day & Devin guzzles diet mountain dew like nobody's business.
* We adopted a newborn in November, who is the pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to both of us. You can read about it here, here & HERE.
* Devin falls asleep by 7:30 every night & I'm up past midnight. #oppositesattract
* We often make bets ranging from how much our baby will weigh at his next appointment to who will win the March Madness bracket challenge. I usually lose. Sometimes I also bribe him to put my laundry away for me after he folds it. #truelove
These 8 years have absolutely FLOWN by & I can't wait to see what is in store for the next 8+. I see Disney trips, sippy cups & and minivans in the forecast. Happy Anny, Devie!