Pages

Monday, August 20

I'm the last person on earth...

still burning cds.


Crazy confession, I know. I love music...all types. On the way to school at 6:00 in the morning, I like mellow peeps: John Mayer, The Fray, the occasional Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson. When I get to school it's my jazz friends: Michael Buble (also a Christmas must), my boy bands, and MJ. After school, my playas come out: Nelly, Jay-Z, Snoop, Britney...and MJ. Notice anything in common? MJ. RIP, MJ. His music is perfect for any mood you might be in. Need a calm, soothing song? Man in the Mirror. Something fun? Beat It. In the mood for love? I just can't stop loving you. Ahhh MJ, how I miss you. I loved you for years. I was in Florida vacationing when I heard the fateful news. My phone immediately started blowing up with texts from friends & family saying how sorry they were for me. I've got some fierce friends. I locked myself in our condo bedroom, cried, and then had a proper service for him at sea. Followed by a week of wearing black in mourning.


When I find a genie in a bottle one day, I will wish for him to bring MJ back so I can watch him dance.
I will also ask the genie for an unlimited supply of pumpkin spice lattes.
I have MAJOR Fall fever.

Back to the cds. I love making burnt cds. I do not love labeling my burnt cds, so they are all blank. And, I cruise with about 20-30 in my center console at all times. It's about options, people. Even though I consider myself an organized person, there is no organization what-so-ever (is that really a word? I never know..) when it comes to burning a cds. No specific playlist, nothing. I might feel like listening to Justin Timberlake, Kenny Chesney & ACDC one day, so I will burn a cd accordingly. Some cds have 3 songs, some 20 songs. And because they are not labeled, I never know what I'm going to get when I pop one in - it's a fun surprise every time! This drives Devin nuts for several reasons. Sorry, DC. :)

Do you have a new favorite song? Do share. I will add it to an unidentified playlist on one of my random cds. Maybe one day I will hook up my iphone & listen that way, but right now I'm perfectly happy jamming out Abs style.

Have a great week, internet friendskis! I'll be back soon to blog about a hopefully-fun night Dev & I are having tomorrow. We won a personal chef for the night & he is coming tomorrow to cook for us! Yay for free food & free cooking!

Now, remember MJ's words..."If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself & make a change."
Also remember, "You rock my world, you know you do..."

You're singing - I know it!
~ abs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!