If you were a child of the 80s-90s then you remember this popular PBS show starring the ever-famous LeVar Burton. A children's story was narrated throughout the series with a lesson usually discussed at the end. This show helped foster my love for books & sadly has been replaced by shows like
Back to books. I love them. From the elementary years with my nose in The Boxcar Children, to The Babysitter's Club (who didn't want to be JUST like Stacy??), to being obsessed with Twilight & The Hunger Games, to crying through a memoir or a biography, I love them all. Lately I have seen people list their Top 10 favorite books on facebook, so I thought that would transfer to a fun blog post. I don't have as much time to read now, but if I have an extra 15 minutes here & there, that is probably what you will find me doing. So, in no particular order...
* Bloom by Kelle Hampton: easily creeping up to my favorite book of all time.
* Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen: just magical.
* Columbine by Dave Cullen: a whole new perspective on this tragedy.
* The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks: it's a given.
* Twilight/The Hunger Games series: haters can hate, but long live Katniss & Bella.
* Love The One You're With by Emily Giffin: fiction, but makes you remember the reason why you chose The One.
* Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: recent fave, & swooning over Ben Affleck as the mysterious Nick.
* The Power of a Positive Mom by Karol Ladd: I recently read this & the whole book is pretty much highlighted. Really its full of good advice on how to be a positive person...not just a positive mom.
* My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult: My first Picoult book & the only fictional story that actually made my heart ache.
* The Help by Kathryn Stockett: very few movies are as good as the book & this one is close.
Books that are on my list to read:
Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Divergent series by Veronica Roth (just because I'm a teeny bopper at heart)
What are some of your favorites? What should I add to my list?
"Everyone is a reader...some just haven't found their favorite book yet." ~ unknown